Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Favorite Quick and Easy Recipe!

Well, no stamping today (again). Instead I chose to spend some QT with the hubby! He has been missing me lately with all of my stamping. Anyway, since I have no art to share I decided to share my new favorite side dish! It's quick and easy to make! :D


Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients

2 bunches asparagus (about 2 lbs.)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup packed freshly shredded parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 475°. Hold the end of an asparagus stalk and bend until it snaps off. Repeat with remaining stalks and discard woody ends.

2. Toss asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss well. Arrange asparagus in an even layer in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until asparagus is crisp-tender and cheese is browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yummy! I am going to try these!

Kimberly said...

You shared this months ago and I somehow stumbled across it and immediately saved it. Tried it out tonight and it was sooooooo good! Thanks for sharing. I linked ya on my blog!!!