Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

This was such a great sight this morning! I woke up (feeling under the weather), hopped into the shower, and when I walked into the kitchen to get some cleaning done I noticed this on my deck!
Let me tell you, I was so excited! However, I was not expecting it to be so early so I had to put it on hold for a couple of hours so that I could get my work done. I knew that once I opened it I would have problems! Here is what I saw when I opened it! The excitement just grew and grew from there!
After I got the box unloaded and spread it out all over the floor this is what my stamping room looked like! Haha!
As you can tell from all of the stuff I got, this is my demonstrator starter kit! I just recently signed up because my husband and I decided this was a great opportunity for me. I spend most of our money on it anyway so I might as well save a little and make a little while I am at it (hehe)!

Anyway, after going to lunch with my hubby I came home and you can pretty much guess what I did the rest of the day. Yup, I mounted my stamps, put my stuff away, organized my new documents, placed another order (hehehe...I couldn't pass up another SAB deal...especially with the EXTRA 10% discount on my first order), watched the DVD, and looked through all of my new packets, brochures, and magazines! Yikes! I did have one disappointmen
t to my day though, I COMPLETELY forgot to call my good friend, Leanne, so that we could stamp together and now I am bummed! I guess all of the excitement caused me to have a serious brain lapse! :(

Well, I am not going to end this post without showing you a new card so here it is!
I didn't have any St. Patty's Day stamps so I used the hearts from my set Sweet Shapes to make the 4 leaf clover. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out! It did take a couple of tries since I don't have the stamp-a-ma-jig yet (I just bought it though!). I finally got it to where I was happy though! I drew the stem myself...that's why it doesn't look the greatest. Anyway, to add some dimension to my card I roughed up the edges of it and used my Itty Bitty Backgrounds set to give it a speckled look. I then added some hemp twine and folded a corner over with a brad to finish the look. Let me know what you think! I hope everyone has a wonderful night and the good news is...I will have more variety on my blog page now because I have new stamps! :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Shapes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss cs
Ink: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Brad, Hemp Twine, Edge Distresser

As a quick side note...I just realized I passed 1,000 on my counter! I know, it doesn't sound like much, but I think it causes reason to celebrate anyway! :D SO, be looking for some blog candy in the near near future!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Stephanie! I'm going to call you today! If you wonder who a 913 number is, it's me! :)

Maren said...

WOW! So fun! Love that St. Patty's Day card! Fantastically creative with those hearts! :-)