Sunday, April 20, 2008

Acrylic Challenge!


Good afternoon everyone! How is everyone's Sunday going? It is a warm, blustery day here. When I say blustery, I should say, 70mph (at least) gusts blustery! One thing about Colorado, it is windy in the spring! :D The cool thing is, our trees can handle it. Now, I grew up in Iowa,and if we had winds like this, there would be no power because all of the trees would have knocked the power lines down! On days like this, you just stay inside and listen to (what sounds like) the siding of your house getting ripped off! Haha. The sun is shining though so my house is staying very warm! Anyway, this week on Splitcoast we were given a "Ways to Use it" challenge where we had to use something acrylic on our cards. I was stumped on this one because I thought I had nothing. Believe it or not, I soon discovered that the tops to my build-a-brads were acrylic and I had some clear stamps that I mount on an acrylic block. I decided to use both! I think I mentioned earlier that I have been trying to use up a lot of my old paper. I have TONS of dp and other paper that I need to weed through so I figured, instead of throwing it away, use it! On this card I used LOTS of old paper. I wanted to use this crazy textured cardstock I had so I decided to cut a circle out of it because it looked like water and use my cute fishy from the Very Punny set and I covered him with crystal effects. I used my build-a-brad tops to look like bubbles and I put them over the U 2 sentiment (The U and 2 are my clear stamps.). This wavy lined dp reminded me a lot of seaweed so there you have it, an ocean based card. I did use some old olive and whisper white cardstock along with my punches that are SU!. Other than that, nothing is SU! DON'T TELL! :D I am not sure what to think of this card yet. It's fun, but it's a little odd for what I am used to! Haha. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Very Punny, some clear letter & number stamps (Hobby Lobby)
Paper: K-I Memories dp and cardstock, Crazy Wavy paper (not sure on company), Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: SU! Markers, Punches, Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Brads, Build-a-brads, Coluzzle, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Maren said...

WOW! Love these earthy colors! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This card is just the cutest! I love what you've done with your scraps, easpecially the bubbles and textrued piece. Great work!