Sunday, April 27, 2008

Beate's Challenge Scraps Card


For this card I combined two challenges. I tried Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge again and I also used Splitcoast's Limited Supplies challenge. For the limited supplies challenge we had a few requirements. They were as follows:

1. Make a square card. (Any size)
2. Use only scrap pieces of paper. (The base card doesn't have to be a scrap.)
3. Use ribbon or fiber scraps.
4. Use only ONE other embellishment.
5. Use any colors, stamps, and tools.

I did not have any problems making a card that met these requirements. I have TONS of scraps. In fact, everything on this card was a scrap! The base was, the ribbon was, even the image had been stamped and colored a while back. Because of that, this card was quick! I loved it. For those of you new to my blog, I am trying to get rid of my old dp so I have used a lot of if on my recent cards. I am running out of room and I would hate to just throw all of it away! I would much rather use my SU! dsp but I owe it to my hubby to use this old stuff (he bought it for me way back when). Anyway, I hope you enjoy this card. I actually made it for my brother but I just realized he took off this afternoon without grabbing it :(. Oh well. He will have to get it later! Maybe I will mail it to him. Hehe. That would be really funny. I think I will do that! Well, I'm off to go make a card and then type some papers for a class I have tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your evening! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it so incredibly much. As always, let me know who you are!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pun Fun
Ink: Black StazOn
Paper: Old Olive, Brilliant Blue, Watercolor, K-I Memories dp
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals, SU! Markers, Blender Pens

2 comments:

claudia shadler said...

Very cute, what do u use to cute out the rocket image? Just a pen blade (not sure if that's what they call it)?

Very cute :o)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny making another card! LOL
Love this one too! The background paper is so fun and works great with this set.
Hugs and smiles