Monday, April 21, 2008

Freshcut Challenge



Good evening everyone! I made this card for SCS's inspiration challenge -- Freshcut. For this challenge we were supposed to choose a fabric swatch from this website. I chose this sample to use as my inspiration. I used the colors and the lines to inspire me for this card. I really like how this card turned out. I was a little worried about this challenge at first because I wasn't too fond of some of the flowery fabrics but that is why it is called a challenge...right? :D However, this card came together so much easier than I had anticipated. In fact, it was probably the quickest card yet! For this card I used naturals ivory cardstock as the base, I rounded the bottom corners and added a layer of more mustard, sage shadow, and finally some more k-i memories dp. I then topped off all the layers with some chocolate ribbon. The sentiment is another rub-on (have I mentioned how much I love those?) and I watercolored the flower from the Doodle This set, added a brad to the center, and popped it up on a dimensional. It was easy peasy! :D I love how it turned out too! I hope you all enjoyed your day! I will be back tomorrow with another challenge card or two. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Doodle This
Paper: Naturals Ivory, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Watercolor, K-I Memories dp
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: Rub-ons, Ribbon, Brad, Dimensionals, Blender Pen, SU! Markers, Corner Rounder Punch

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love the colors! Blue & Brown are one of my fav combos! Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Neat challenge, great card! Thanks, you've inspried me to get Doodle This back into action. :-)

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...it is FABulous!