Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Give Thanks


Happy Wednesday! :) Only two more sleeps until my sweet husband is home and I can't wait! Anyway, I made this card a little while back for Gina K's World Card Making Day challenge! I have always been a huge fan of Gina K stamps. In fact, they were my very first non-Stampin' Up! company to try out and I haven't been disappointed yet! For this card I used Theresa Momber's Autumn Beauty set and paired it with some old Stampin' Up! paper and Wal-Mart ribbon! :) For the vanilla strip I decided to stamp some leaves and color them in with my Copics so that I could give the card a little bit more of an autumn feel. I just didn't feel that the patterned paper was doing it. I also felt it was a little too orange! I also colored the sunflower (and yes I know sunflowers are orange) with my Copics as well! The challenge was a color challenge to use orange, green, and brown and that is why I decided to go with an orange sunflower! Haha!

Well, that's it for today's card! Can you believe how much I have been posting lately? My week is finally slowing down and I feel like I can breathe! Hopefully I can continue to consistently post! Oh, and for those of you who are patiently waiting for that blog candy...sorry but you have to keep waiting. I am just not ready to post it yet! :) Ok, well I hope you have a fantastic day! Take care!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The bow is so beautiful! How do you get them so perfect like that? Any tips?

Sue said...

Very pretty card. . .and I LOVE the orange sunflower. When you design it, you get to choose what color you want it to be. . .I love that liberty!!!! Have a blessed day.

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty and classy!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sheila said...

Love this card - the sunflower is beautiful. It's been a while since you've posted - hope it's just because your hubby's home now and you've been enjoying time together.