Thursday, February 10, 2011

By Lori Designs Challenge #4 Plus An Announcement!

Edited to add: I played around a bit and tried to take a new picture of my card using better lighting. I was able to get a slightly better picture. Hopefully they only continue to improve!


 I have some VERY exciting news! I was asked to be on the By Lori Designs challenge design team! :) I absolutely LOVE By Lori Designs images so of course I was thrilled to be chosen! Lori creates the most adorable images and they are so much fun to color! I am joined by MANY talented women so be sure to stop by the BLD blog to check them out.

Without further ado, here is this week's color challenge!
This week's color challenge was a little bit of a struggle for me. I can't seem to make a card without using designer paper and I found that the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety paper was almost a perfect match. It just had some yellow thrown into the mix so I went with it!
My image is from the Sugar Sticks line and it is called "Love You Friend". I love how versatile this image is! It can be used on either a masculine or feminine card and for almost any occasion! I colored the image with my Copics and used this month's Sketch For You To Try as my layout! I sponged the edges with some Antique Linen distress ink and embellished the card with some ribbon and buttons! Overall I absolutely love how my card turned out! The only thing I am disappointed in is the fact that my picture didn't turn out that great. I am still trying to figure out why my photos don't look as bright as they used to. Hopefully I can get it figured out soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have time to play with this week's challenge!

6 comments:

Brook said...

Cute card. That is a versatile image. Your DP looks great too.

Silli said...

Your card is so cute Steph, love the image and the colors! HUGS Silke

jenny said...

Stunning card Stephanie! Love the bright papers and sweet image :)

Jenny x

BrossArtAddiction said...

Such a cute card Steph! Your coloring is amazing! So excited to be part of the team too! :D

xx Tracey xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

Good for you, girl. This is adorable!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Love what you created with this color combo!!!