Tuesday, March 5, 2013

YNS Tasy Tuesday: Spring is coming!

Welcome to another fun Tasty Tuesday over at Your Next Stamp! I just love the image that Karen has picked out for us this month!


Doesn't it just scream spring and summer??? I am SO sick of the snow! So since I need a little bit of spring in my step, I decided to play off of not only the fun colors but the spring theme!


Ta-da! What says spring more than a nice gentle rain and rainbows??? :) I absolutely LOVE when it rains here in the mountains. It smells heavenly and since we have so much sunshine, we are almost guaranteed to see a rainbow! 

So on to the details! First of all, I used one of my favorite images from Your Next Stamp, "Rainy Day Fhiona" and the "Accessories" stamp sets.  I colored her with my Copic markers (emphasizing the shadows where the umbrella would be blocking the sun) and then cut her out and popped her up on the circles using dimensionals. For the sentiment, I used the Fishtail/Banner Die set, and trimmed off one of the ends so that it would fit better. I also wanted to try an old favorite technique with this card so that I could get the rainbow panel so I pulled out some re-inkers and my baby wipes! I LOVE the end result that it gave! The white panel was run through my swirls Cuttlebug folder and I embellished the card with some fun rhinestones that I colored with an orange Copic marker and some ribbon.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Stop by the Your Next Stamp blog to get all of the details on the challenge. If you decide to play along this month, you will be entered to win a YNS gift certificate! I really hope you decide to play, and feel free to leave a link to your project so I can check it out and leave you some love!

Thanks for checking out my card today! Be looking forward to some more fun spring projects in the near future! I'm on a Springy kick!

No comments: